KOLKATA STYLE Fried rice | INDO CHINESE fried rice
3 – 4
- Basmati or any long grained rice – 2 cups
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed Garlic
- 1/2 cups chopped Spring Onion
- 1/2 cups grated Carrots
- 1/2 cups green peppers (capsicum)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes before cooking and change the water to wash out the rice dust. now cook the rice 90% and set it aside to cool down.
- In a wok(Kadhai) or thin-bottomed pan add some oil and let it reach smoking point then add in 2 tbsp soy sauce and the garlic while reducing the heat or flame to medium-low. The soy sauce will be burned and caramelised. Now add the onion and fry till translucent.
Now add spring onion, grated carrots and bell pepper and turn the heat up.
- Add in remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce pepper powder salt to taste and the vinegar and mix in well. keep the heat or flame high at all time and do constant mixing or tossing then add in the rice and toss thoroughly check and fix the salt. Enjoy with chilli chicken!