Chicken kosha | kosha murgir mangsho.
2 – 3
Chicken kosha is a type of Bengali style chicken curry with a thick gravy. Kosha murgir mangsho is most desirable preparation of our Bengali culinary. It goes nicely with Roti, Paratha or Bengali sweet pulao or plain ghee bhaat (fried rice).
- Chicken – 10 to 12 pieces with bone
- Potato – 1 (cut into half)
- Onion – 1 cup sliced
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Tomato – 1 finely chopped
- Spice powder – ( 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder and coriander powder)
- salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Green chilies – 2 to 3
- Whole spices – ( 1 bay leaf, 5 cloves, 4 green cardamoms, 1 small cinnamon stick )
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil – 3 to 4 tablespoon
- Warm water
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Add sugar in hot oil and caramelize it.
- Then add the paste of onion, ginger and garlic in that oil. Cook for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Add chopped tomato and pinch of salt. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- When the oil starts separating add all the spice powder and salt . Mix well for 3 minutes.
- Now it’s time to add chicken pieces.
- Mix everything in high flame for 5 minutes , then lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Chicken will release lots of water.
- Add the potatoes and half cup of warm water. Mix well and cook until they all become soft.
- After that heat one 1 teaspoon ghee in another pan.
- Add all the whole spices in that hot ghee. saute for 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
- Now immediately add that ghee with whole spices to the fully cooked chicken.
- Add green chilies and simmer for 4-5 minutes with lid.
- After 4- 5 minutes turn off the heat and serve hot.