Chicken keema matar | ground chicken with peas
3 – 4
Chicken Keema Matar is a very popular and delicious Indian dish. You can easily make it at home with simple ingredients within an hour. You can even replace chicken with mutton or beef keema (ground meat).
- Mustard Oil – 3 tablespoons
- 4 Cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 cardamoms
- Onion – 1 large finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 large finely chopped
- Green Peas – 1.5 cup
- Minced Chicken – 500 grams
- Chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – handful finely chopped
- Water if needed
- Heat the oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves.
- When it starts to splutter, add the garlic, ginger and onions, and stir-fry till the oil separates.
- Now add the tomatoes, green chilies, salt, coriander powder, turmeric and chili powder.
- Continue to stir-fry till oil separates. Increase heat to high and add the chicken mince.
- Now cook this for 8 to 10 mins till chicken is done.
- Stir a few times till the chicken mince looks fried, then lower heat and saute till cooked through and oil separates once again.
- Now add in peas and cook for couple of mins.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.